- CALMING, RELAXING AROMA – The most popular essential oil in the world, lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is considered one of the safest oils to use for adults and children, and scientific studies over the years have verified its many benefits. It smells both floral and herbaceous, since the oil comes from the flower, leaves, and stems of new growth.
- ORIGIN AND SOURCING – Lavender essential oil is grown in many regions across the globe and is produced more than any other essential oil. Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil is distilled from flowers in Bulgaria that have been picked at peak bloom. Lavender is harvested annually near or just after the summer solstice. The flowers only bloom for two weeks, so the harvesting and distillation is often done all day and night. Lavender is harvested with a combine and taken to the distillation facility.
- PURITY TESTING AND RECOMMENDED USES – Gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC/MS) testing is the primary way to ensure an essential oil is an unadulterated, true botanical. Every batch of Aura Cacia essential oils is GC/MS tested. This product is vegan and cruelty-free.
- ABOUT US – Aura Cacia was founded 38 years ago on pure essential oils and true aromatherapy benefits. We partner with suppliers to source high quality botanicals and rigorously test every batch to ensure purity. We then provide premium products with consumer safety at the forefront. And importantly, Aura Cacia is part of a member owned co-op that puts people and planet ahead of profits.
- Lavender is dominated by middle notes, mainly linalool and linalyl acetate. It smells both floral and herbaceous, since the oil comes from the flower, leaves, and stems of new growth.
- Lavender blends well with many oils, including rose, neroli, rosemary, patchouli, citrus, and chamomiles.
- Lavender is well known for its calming and relaxing effects. It can be applied topically when diluted or diffused in the air. It’s commonly used in pillow sprays, personal care products, and bath blends.
- On the skin, lavender is soothing and cleansing. Because it’s so mild, its in many products for facial care and DIY recipes.
- Lavender’s cleansing properties are also effective in home care. It can be used in laundry, as well as to clean the home, especially light-colored surfaces, like white tile, granite, and marble.
- 100% Pure Essential Oil
- GC/MS Tested for Purity
- No Synthetic Colors or Fragrances
- Not Tested on Animals
- 0.25 ounces (7.4 ml)
Quick tip: Toss 18 drops with ½ cup coarse salt for a nightstand diffusion.
Recipe: Lavender Laundry Rinse
9 drops Lavender Essential Oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
3 Tbsp baking soda
Into container, mix vinegar and baking soda. Add lavender essential oil and mix well. Add mixture to laundry during rinse cycle.
There are many ways to use essential oils! The above suggested uses are an introduction to a wide variety of quick tips and recipes available from Aura Cacia. Because essential oils are highly concentrated, we recommend diluting them in a carrier product like skin care oil, unscented lotion or liquid soap. Follow this guide for safe, effective use.
Drops per 1 oz (2 Tbsp) carrier
Face – 6
Body – 12
Home Care -18
Diffusion – Follow device instructions